Welcome to Wessex Packaging
Wessex Packaging (“Wessex”, “we” or “us”) is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. Please read the information below to understand how our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it. We welcome your visit to our website, www.wessexpkg.co.uk, and any email and online interaction with us, and this policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting www.wessexpkg.co.uk, (“our site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
www.wessexpkg.co.uk (the website) is owned and operated by WP Industrial Limited, t/a Wessex Packaging, a company registered in England and Wales (registration no. 08025205) whose registered office is at Watercombe Park, Yeovil, Somerset, BA20 2HL.
Information that we may collect
In operating our website, and by communicating with Wessex Packaging by phone, fax, email or face to face meeting, you may provide and we we may collect, store and use some or all of the following information:
Name | Salutation | Job title | Email address | Phone numbers | Office & delivery addresses | Financial information relating to the supply and delivery of goods or services | Information about your computer's IP address, location and browser | Content of the communication that has been sent to us
- Details of your visits to our website and the areas and content that you access, including (but not limited to) the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), search enquiries, page response times, download records and errors, referring websites, landing and exit pages, length of page visits, page interaction information (including but not limited to scrolling, mouse-overs and clicks) and other data. This information is anonymous, and as aggregate statistical data it cannot be used to identity you personally.
- Technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information (where applicable), browser version and type, time zone, browser plug-in type and version, operating system and platform.
- Any information that you provide us by completing forms (e.g. Contact Us) on our website.
- Any information that you provide us when you communicate with us for any reason.
- Any information in relation to digital advertising via pixels or transparent GIF files. GIF files may be provided by an ad management company with whom we contract digital advertising services and enable recognition of a unique cookie on your web browser, which let us know which adverts to show you. This information is anonymous and not personally identifiable, it does not include your name, address, telephone number or email address.
How we may use your data
Any information, aggregate or personal, that we collect or you provide us with, is used primarily to enable us to provide our business and services to you. We may also use the information for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide you with the information relating to our products and services that you requested from us.
- To meet any contractual commitments to you relating to our business, products and services.
- To provide information on Wessex Packaging news, products and services that we feel may be of interest to you, where there is a legitimate reason for doing so, or where you have consented to receive such information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not always completely secure. We will always endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website. Any transmission is done at your own risk. When we receive your information, we use security features and procedures to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosing your information
By using the website, email or submitting any information, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by us, as stated in the sections above. Where applicable, we may share your data with third parties disclose your personal or aggregate information, to third parties:
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- For marketing purposes provided that we have had your consent by notifying us via the website or in other communications.
- To service providers who manage aspects of our operations (e.g. third party partners who provide technical services as a part of our operations).
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
We communicate our news, services, products and offers by email, online and through social channels to provide you with relevant information from Wessex Packaging. Our email communications will be sent to those with whom Wessex Packaging has a contractual or legal interest (including as part of our Terms and Conditions of Sale); to those who have registered to receive emails from us; and to those where there is a legitimate interest in sharing information. We will always endeavour to make all our communications clear, timely and relevant in their intent. We will endeavour not to overuse your personal data, and if you wish to remove your email address from the list, you can do so by using the links in the emails that are sent to you, at any time.
This website may include links to third-party websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their policies whatsoever, as we have no control over them. Please refer to their own privacy and data policies.
We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of visiting third-party websites, such as that resulting from viruses, malware etc.
The content of these third-party websites is the responsibility of their respective owners, operators and agents.
Access to information
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you, please contact at Customer Care, Wessex Packaging, Watercombe Park, Yeovil BA20 2HL, explaining the information you wish to be supplied. For requests for information, we will endeavour to send you the information that we hold within 30 days.
Our Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out how and why we collect personal or aggregate data for you and why and how it will be processed by us.
Except with your permission, or as set out in the Privacy and Cookies Policy, we will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to unaffiliated third parties and will not otherwise distribute your personal information without your consent unless required to do so by law or regulation.
We will use anonymous, unique identifier cookies to track our advertising and its performance to help us improve.
Further details about GDPR and data obligations can be found at the The Information Commissioner's website www.ico.org.uk. you can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office if you believe that we are not handling your personal data in accordance with the regulation.
We will update this policy when required, and will communicate this by posting to this page. Please check this page on a regualr basis to be aware of any updates.